||General Manager & Head Chef
The Well Bar, Grill & Rooftop is looking for an energetic, professional Sous Chef who has an excellent track record in hospitality and who thrives in a fast-paced environment. Our focus is on providing superior customer experience. The Sous Chef is responsible for planning and directing food preparation for The Well Bar, Grill & Rooftop. The Sous Chef is charged with ensuring the kitchen is run smooth, clean, and cost effective
Essential Functions & Responsibilities
- Cooks or directly supervises the cooking of items that require skillful preparation;
- Manages the kitchen staff to ensure food is prepared properly;
- Ensures that high standards of sanitation, cleanliness and safety are maintained throughout all kitchen areas at all times;
- Responsible for supervising kitchen staff and monitoring food and labor budget for the Restaurant;
- Consults with the General Manager about restaurant operations, food production, and other day to day aspects (i.e., planning of special events)
- Ensures overall consistency and high quality across the kitchen operations;
- Establishes controls to minimize food and supply waste and theft;
- Responsible for evaluating food products to assure that quality standards are consistently attained;
- Develops policies and procedures to enhance and measure quality; continually updates written policies and procedures to reflect state-of-the-art techniques, equipment and terminology;
- Establishes and maintains a regular cleaning and maintenance schedule for all kitchen areas and equipment;
- Safeguards all food preparation employees by implementing training to increase their knowledge about safety with well-established standards;
- Responsible for the reduction of food costs and increased food sales;
- Responsible for training all kitchen staff on the preparation, portion size and control of food served;
- Provides training and professional development opportunities for all kitchen staff;
- Interacts with Head Chef and General Manager to assure that food production consistently exceeds the expectations of guests;
- Support safe work habits and a safe working environment at all times;
- Other duties as assigned.
This position has supervisory responsibilities.
- Minimum of a high school diploma, 1 year minimum of supervisory experience and 2+ years working in a large volume, fast paced kitchen, or suitable combination of education and relevant experience preferred;
- Possess a good command of both verbal and written communication with staff and superiors;
- Extensive knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures within the culinary profession, specifically demonstrated comprehensive knowledge of budgeting, cost control and kitchen safety standards;
- Demonstrated organization, facilitation, communication and presentation skills;
- Able to organize time effectively, forward plan and prioritize tasks to ensure work load is balanced and urgent situations are dealt with immediately;
- Excellent Customer Service Skills and ability to understand and respond to individual guest’s needs and requirements;
- Must enjoy working in a people oriented and socially interactive environment;
- Ability to take ownership of everything they do throughout their day with a level of teamwork required to ensure that The Well Bar, Grill & Rooftop consistently exceeds guest expectations with food, service and atmosphere;
- Knowledge of POS systems, proficient computer skills, and ability to adapt to new company specific software and understand fundamental practices and database management.
All employees are expected to exhibit exemplary customer service skills, both with external customers, vendors, visitors, co-workers, and management staff. They are also expected to maintain an air of professionalism in their interpersonal relationships and personal grooming, exercise confidentiality concerning the affairs of the business, exhibit a willingness to learn, willingness to problem solve and willingness to step in to help others, and openly and actively participates in the direction of our Company. The Well Bar, Grill & Rooftop views each of these traits as performance indicators, and employee appraisals reflect each of these attributes as an element of performance upon which employees are rated.
While performing the duties of this position the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, sit, see, touch, talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to drive or ride in a motor vehicle. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 lbs.