Do you have a passion for Restaurant Management? If so we are looking for you. Our restaurant group is looking for a qualified General Manager to provide high quality restaurant management in our fast paced Restaurant. Lew's provides a fun work environment where you can learn, improve your skills and grow in the organization. We are looking for a minimum of 5 years restaurant General Manager or restaurant key Management experience. Complete your online application today!
We are located in Kansas City - Waldo area.
The General Manager is responsible for the entire restaurant. This includes overseeing and coordinating the people and systems to achieve stated objectives in sales, cost, employee retention, guest service, food quality, and cleanliness/sanitation.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities
- Responsible for managing all aspects of the Restaurant and staff;
- Maintains a Guest focus while performing duties;
- Responsible for building lasting relationships with guests and employees;
- Attracts, hires, trains, and manages restaurant staff;
- Continually strives to develop and motivate the staff in all areas of managerial and professional development;
- Ensure that all equipment, monies, and the overall establishment, is safe and secure at all times;
- Responsible for disciplining inappropriate behavior, poor work performance and poor work attitude of all restaurant employees in a prompt, consistent and fair manner.
- Conducts staff and manager performance reviews on a regular basis to consistent correct and improve behavior.
- Conducts all employee meetings and brings suggestions for improvement;
- Support safe work habits and a safe working environment at all times;
- Other duties as assigned.
Our primary mission is to exceed guest expectation with food, service and atmosphere. We want to provide an outstanding dining and drinking experience for our guest, each and every time. Our restaurant group thrives by providing excellent food and exceptional service to our guests in an excellent place at an exceptional value! We also wish to provide an excellent place to work for our employees. By sticking to our primary mission we can achieve our secondary mission. We strive to be a growth-oriented restaurant company, profitable not only to the owners, but for each employee as well. We are dedicated to complete satisfaction of each and every guest. Our restaurant group should be recognized as a symbol of quality, integrity, and community.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s, four (4) year college degree in Restaurant Management or related discipline, and 5 years’ experience in the field or related area and/or relevant experience preferred;
- Possess a good command of both verbal and written communication with staff and superiors;
- Extensive knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures within the catering/event planning profession, specifically demonstrated comprehensive knowledge of budgeting, cost control and food service standards;
- Demonstrated organization, facilitation, communication and presentation skills;
- Able to organize time effectively, forward plan and prioritize tasks to ensure work load is balanced and urgent situations are dealt with immediately;
- Excellent Customer Service Skills and ability to understand and respond to individual guest’s needs and requirements ;
- Must enjoy working in a people oriented and socially interactive environment;
- Ability to take ownership of everything they do throughout their day with a level of teamwork required to ensure that Lew’s consistently exceeds guest expectations with food, service and atmosphere;
- Knowledge of POS systems, proficient computer skills, and ability to adapt to new company specific software and understand fundamental practices and database management.